Looking After the Environment
Hampton Conservatories manufactures using certified timber approved by the Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) and Forestry
Stewardship Council (FSC). However it is not our policy to boycott timber from the developing world, where certification is less advanced.
Our Managing Director, along with our long standing and trusted timber supplier, has personally inspected the forests and saw mills from which
our timber is sourced.
All our waste timber and off-cuts are stored during the summer and used to heat our factory and offices during the cooler winter months, which
means that we need use no fossil fuel and nothing is sent to landfill.
Hampton Conservatories Green Policy
In this policy statement we commit our company to:
- complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice.
- recycling all our waste paper and metal paint tins, as well as aluminium & steel off-cuts from our roof production and using waste timber
to heating our factory.
- protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimize our impact on pollution of land, air and water.
- seeking to keep waste to a minimum and maximize the efficient use of materials and resources.
- managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner.
- providing training for our staff so that we can work in accordance with this policy and within an environmentally aware culture.
- developing our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation.
- monitoring and continuously improving our environmental performance.