Georgian Listed Building Orangery in Northumberland
Case Study Details
This orangery is a traditional and character-filled addition to a Grade II listed Georgian country house, which originated in 1768. Sitting on 60 acres of formal grounds and woodland, this is a great example of incorporating masonry, stonework and timber to create a classic, double lantern orangery that integrates with the original stonework on this grand piece of architecture. The glass to ground side glazing and eight-pane configuration, with a Paxton two-pane clerestory above extra-wide pilasters, give body to the structure. The rear of the orangery is built in stone which replicates the rest of the country house and the Hampton Wheat paint finish complements the stone.
Hampton Quattro-Glide sliding sash windows are installed within this orangery, to match those installed throughout the house. For more information on our window selection, visit Hampton Windows website.
This orangery is a light-filled communal room, located just off the kitchen. Used for relaxing and informal dining, or can be transformed into a formal dining area when entertaining guests.
This award-winning pool enclosure was designed and manufactured by Hamptons, with curved glass to replicate the detail of two mid-19th century glasshouses on the property.
Tucked away near the beautiful Connemara town of Letterfrack, just fifteen kilometres from the buzzing town of Clifden, the Manor has been discreetly converted into a first-class hotel with the help of a Victorian style Hampton conservatory.