Hampton Conservatories Environmental Policy
Our Environmental Policy
Hampton Conservatories is committed to acting in an environmentally responsible manner. We appreciate the outdoors as we are committed to delivering design solutions to ‘bring the outside in’. Therefore, we endeavour to protect our beautiful natural surroundings.
Throughout the manufacturing process, we only use certified timber which has been approved by the Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) and Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC). Both of these organisations work to ensure that forests are protected by sustainable forest management, through environmental, economic, legal and socio-cultural contexts. Our Managing Director, along with our long standing trusted timber supplier, have personally inspected the forests and sawmills where our timber is sourced.
All of our timelessly-designed products are made using sustainable sapele mahogany and manufactured with longevity in mind. We produce high quality long lasting products so you can enjoy your glazed extension for years to come, as well as being reassured that the earth’s resources are being utilised in an efficient manner.
Furthermore, we increase the energy efficiency of our conservatories and orangeries by insulating them appropriately and within current regulations.
To ensure we preserve our low carbon footprint, we maintain efficient use of our manufacturing processes, resulting in minimal waste. We invest in the latest machine technology to optimise the cutting of wood. Furthermore, minimal waste is sent to landfill as we recycle our waste timber and off-cuts through fuelling a biomass boiler system for sustainably heating our factory and offices, which are both under the one roof to maximise efficiency.
Hampton Conservatories Green Policy
Within this policy statement we commit our company to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice
- Recycle all our waste paper, metal paint tins, aluminium and steel cut-offs from our roof production
- Recycle waste timber to heat the HQ
- Source materials locally where possible to cut transportation emissions
- Protect the environment by striving to prevent and minimise our pollution impact of land, air and water
- Seek to minimise waste and maximise efficient use of materials and resources
- Manage and dispose of any waste in a responsible manner
- Provide appropriate training for staff to enable us to work in accordance with this policy and create an environmentally aware culture
- Develop our management processes to ensure environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation
- Monitor and continuously improve our environmental performance
This award-winning pool enclosure was designed and manufactured by Hamptons, with curved glass to replicate the detail of two mid-19th century glasshouses on the property.
Tucked away near the beautiful Connemara town of Letterfrack, just fifteen kilometres from the buzzing town of Clifden, the Manor has been discreetly converted into a first-class hotel with the help of a Victorian style Hampton conservatory.